These tips can help you find your own singing style!
If people didn’t have their own singing styles, everyone would sound the same. The world would be full of a bunch of people who just sang notes without making music. With style, people are able to differentiate themselves from other singers and make a statement with their music. When you first start out, you will need some help determining what style you want to use. These tips can help you find your own style. Then, you can begin making real music.
- Listen to different types of music. See if there is one that you have an emotional connection with, and if there is, determine if that is a style that you would like to sing. If you think you would like to sing it, give it a try.
- Sing different types of music to find out which one you like the best. Give all of the styles a try so you can find out what you are most comfortable singing. Once you find one that you like, practice it so you can master the style.
- Don’t be afraid to be unique. You don’t have to sound like everyone else inside of a genre. Be unique so you can find your own style.
- Don’t sing like you’re doing karaoke. You won’t ever be able to find your own style if you just copy other artists. You have to put your own spin on music or you will never have your own style.
- Improvise from time to time. Add your own twist to the melody of a song to see if it helps you find your own style. You don’t have to make any major changes to it, but you can if you would like.
- Play with phrasing. Phrasing has a lot to do with style, so change up the phrasing a little bit. Analyze a song, determine how you would like to phrase it and then let loose.
- Pay attention to your audience. Listen to feedback from your audience to find out if your style works for you. They will let you know if they like your style or if they don’t.
- Record your voice so you can find its unique characteristics. Everyone has something unique about their voice, but it can be hard to pick up on when you are singing live, which is why you need to record it. Then, analyze the recording and search for anything and everything that is unique.
- Don’t play it safe. Don’t be afraid to interpret songs and sing them the way that is the most comfortable and exciting for you. You might make some mistakes along the way, but this will eventually help you find a unique style that you love.
- Use visualization techniques. Visualize yourself up on stage so you can find out what style excites you the most. This will likely give you some insight into what you want to sing.
- Look at your music collection. You have probably already picked a style, but you just don’t know it. Look over your music collection and see if there is a certain type of music you purchase over and over again, since that will likely be a style that is good for you.
Every singer needs to find his or her own style, and you are not an exception to the rule. Use these tips so you can find out what type of style you want to use when you sing. Then, you will be able to become your own unique singer. That’s how singers make names for themselves, so this is incredibly important. You need to stand out from the crowd, and you will do that by finding your style.